A large humidor can store hundreds, even thousands, of prominent brands of cigars in many different varieties. This can make for a bewildering experience for first-time visitors. Browsing the massive inventory of world-class cigars and deciding what you want to smoke can be daunting.
If you’re a novice cigar shopper, here are a few ideas for making the experience more productive and pleasant:
- Be friendly to the staff – Courtesy and good manners will pay off in the long run. Whether you are looking for a cigar or cigar accessory, the humidor attendants can provide you with assistance so you can easily find what you are looking for. Getting to know the manager can carry special perks because he or she may be able to introduce you to rare brands of cigarettes that may not be available to everyone.
- Ask questions – When visiting a humidor, ask about the most popular items. This may lead you to some unique brands or hidden inventories that are reserved only for special patrons.
- Don’t feel pressured – It might take time to check out the different cigars on display. Don’t feel intimidated by attentive staff members. They are probably not trying to rush you but rather seeking to answer any questions you may have.
- Don’t focus on the main display – The cigars on the main display are usually the most commonly sold items. If you want rare finds, look around. You might see what you are looking for in some obscure corner of the humidor.
- Don’t be a show-off – Cigar collecting can be an invigorating pursuit, but do not get drawn into bragging about fine cigars you may have purchased.
- Do not interrupt others – Do not bother people who are busy browsing the cigar displays or talking to each other.
- Do not play shopkeeper – Even if you become knowledgeable about premium cigars, do not take over the job of helping other customers. Leave it to the paid professionals.
Exercise care and caution when inspecting cigars in the humidor. Cigars are delicately wrapped so make sure not to damage them. For a wide variety of cigars, browse the inventory at a high-end Scottsdale cigar shop near you.