Summer will be wrapping up in a few weeks. While the rest of the world plans for cooler temperatures, us in Arizona are rejoicing as we look forward to non-inferno-level temperatures. We can finally enjoy the outdoors again, hit the golf course without dying, or take a tip in the pool without being fried.
Here is a shortlist of other ways to make the most of the tail-end of an Arizona summer.
- Go to the beach. When you talk about summer, somehow the beach always takes center stage.
- Go to the lake. Can’t hit the beach? Go to a lake. With so many nearby lakes, why not get in some sunshine by the water? Bring some of your friends and family with you. Cook some of the best dishes you want and pair these with a cold one, and a cigar, of course. The best part of it all is you can beat the heat by dipping in the lake.
- Have a staycation. Don’t want to go too far? One of the best things about living in Phoenix is it’s strategic location that puts it so close to so many great nearby destinations. With a “staycation” you don’t have to go far without feeling like you’re somewhere new. Enjoy the benefits of a hotel in the city and find time to relax. All you need to do is spend an overnight weekend with your loved ones. Enjoy the spa, the pool, and other amenities.
- Spend a day at the pool. Speaking of a staycation hotel pool, one of the relaxing activities you can do before the summer ends is to take a dip in your own pool. Now that Arizona temperatures are cooling down, you can simply lounge around, read a book, sunbathe, and swim.
- Get your windows cleaned. With the months of monsoon season wrapping up, your windows could use a good cleaning.
- Get it smoking! Have some people over to your house and show them your grilling skills. Who can say no to brisket, pork ribs, chicken, skewers, and burgers on the grill?
Once you pick your idea of fun, magnify any even by lighting up a cigar. Go out and enjoy the last days of summer with the people closest to you.