Most of us have been star struck at some time in our life. We may have had a crush on a celebrity as a teenager, watching all of the movies featuring our favorite adolescent heartthrob or memorizing all of the songs released by our favorite musician. Even now, we may enjoy following the lives of the rich and famous through tabloid magazines or television shows, fantasizing about what our days would be like if we, too, lived the glamorous life.
Behind the scenes, many of our favorite celebrities embrace habits of luxury, including smoking cigars. Here are just a few VIPs who indulge in smoking fine cigars.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger – This former movie star and California governor might be considered the most popular cigar smoking celebrity. He has been known to visit many cigar clubs around the country, enjoying the best the cigar industry has to offer.
- Tom Selleck – This mustachioed actor who starred in the Magnum P.I. series loves a good smoke. He has a collection of pre-Castro Cubans but also enjoys cigars from the Dominican Republic and Nicaragua. His favorite cigars include the La Gloria Cubana and Davidoffs.
- Jeff Bridges – The guy known as “the Dude” who starred in “The Big Levowski” and “Crazy Heart” is a well-established actor. He relaxes after a shoot by hiking and enjoying the sunset with a good cigar in hand. He prefers fuller-bodied cigars such as the Arturo Fuente Don Carlos and Padron.
- William Jefferson Clinton – The former President was reported to have several humidors on Air Force One. His cigar stash includes the Montecristo #2. Recently, he has been reported to be smoking the Gurkha His Majesty’s Reserve, which is considered to be one of the most expensive cigars in the world.
- Michael Jordan – Widely considered to be the best basketball player of all time, Michael Jordan is sometimes seen in photographs with a cigar in his hand. Indeed, he is an avid cigar smoker and a lover of Cuban cigars. His favorites include the Cohiba Siglo II and Partagas Series D.
- Jay-Z – Considered the king of hip-hop, he has appeared several times on the cover of Cigar Aficionado. He is a lover of Cuban cigars, including the Montecristo and Ramon Allones. He even developed his own cigar line, producing the new Cohiba Commodore, which is a medium to full-bodied cigar.
- Robert Downey, Jr. – The Iron Man is a cigar aficionado. You may have seen him in photographs enjoying a stogie. He is reported to have an affinity for Montecristo # 2 and the Gurkha Grand Reserve.
- Pierce Brosnan – The former James Bond actor has been on the cover of Cigar Aficionado. While not really inclined toward mild cigars, he occasionally smokes Arturo Fuente. He is often seen holding an El Rey Del Mundo.
If these celebrities visit Scottsdale or Phoenix, don’t be surprised if you see them stopping in at our famous cigar patio on High Street. Our cigar club on High Street in Phoenix, known as Torch Cigar Bar, is regarded as one of the finest cigar bars in the country and is a popular hangout for the local who’s who as well as nationally-known celebrities.